Our Bicester hub is based at Bicester Green on Sheep Street. The main focus of the hubs is on wiping securely and refurbishing laptops, tablets and phones that have been donated by businesses or members of the public.
Services available at this hub
We are pleased to accept laptops, tablets and phones, in good working condition. For full details, see our documents on what devices we can accept.
Through the hub, we provide devices to people who have been referred to us by organisations, and occasionally directly to individuals. If your organisation is working with an individual or individuals who need a device and are not financially able to purchase one, please contact us.
As well as wiping and supplying devices, the hub can also give advice about the other aspects of getting online. They may be able to suggest the best deals for data and connection costs, and give advice about local organisations who offer training and support.
Want to donate a device?
To send us your laptop
- We can take laptops up to 12 years old (Windows 7 or later and any macs).
- We will securely wipe your device and don’t normally need passwords; please just ensure any corporate or firmware security is removed.
- We can replace chargers and fix minor faults (batteries, screens etc) and will upgrade your laptop and install a modern operating system.
To send us your phone or tablet
- We’re able to use iPhone 5s or Android 8 or newer
- Please factory reset your phone or tablet to release from you iCloud or Google account before sending (or we’ll have to scrap the device). See instructions at www.oxforditbank.com/prepare-your-device
How to wipe a digital device
Find out how to wipe your data from a digital device before donating it.
Wiping a mobile phone
There are some simple steps that you can take yourself to return your phone to its factory settings.
Wiping a tablet
Download our guide to follow some easy steps to reset your tablet and remove your data.
Wiping a laptop
While it is not a substitute for the secure wiping process we use, we advise you to take some steps yourself to wipe your data before donating your laptop to us. Please see our step-by-step guide on how to do this.